The Kids First Children’s Advocacy Center
of Stevens County
Our Help Line is available around the clock at 509-684-6139 or toll-free 1-844-509-SAFE (7233), or 509-684-3796 (during business hours) to support parents or children.
Toward a mission of ensuring that all children have the right to a safe childhood, Kids First Children’s Advocacy Center of Stevens County strives to reduce trauma and provide support to child victims of sexual and physical abuse and their families. We provide on-site agency collaboration and the use of a multidisciplinary team approach to investigate and treat child abuse.
Rural Resources also offers Darkness to Light’s Stewards of Children, a prevention training program. The training is aimed at parents, professionals and volunteers who interact with children, but is open to anybody.The two hour session promotes an understanding of the nature and impact of child sexual abuse and teaches participants about the steps they should take to protect children. The training is free in Stevens County, but each participant is asked to donate $10, if possible, to cover the cost of interactive manuals. There is currently no trained facilitator in Ferry county, so sessions there would be provided upon request. For more information or to schedule a training session, call 509-684-3796.
Kids First Children’s Advocacy Center is a collaborative effort involving:
- Chewelah Police Department
- Chewelah Associated Physicians
- Colville Police Department
- DSHS/Child Protective Services
- Kettle Falls Police Department
- Providence Mount Carmel Hospital
- Northeast Washington Medical Group
- Rural Resources Community Action
- Northeast Washington Alliance Counseling Services
- Stevens County Prosecutor’s Office
- Stevens County Sheriff’s Department