Our home repair and housing rehabilitation programs may be for you if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- Your home is located in Ferry, Pend Oreille or Stevens County
- You own or are in the process of buying your home and/or land
- You plan on living in your home for at least one year
- You have fire insurance
- Your mobile or manufactured home is on a permanent foundation or a permanent foundation is part of your improvement plan
- The improvements you wish to make will meet county codes
- You have been unable to qualify for a loan because of your income
Follow these steps to pursue your home repairs:
- Obtain a pre-application from the Housing Division at Rural Resources by calling 509-684-8421. Complete and return the pre-application including a detailed map to your home.
- If we determine from the pre-application that you and your home may be eligible for assistance, the Housing Coordinator will contact you to make an appointment for an on-site inspection of your home.
- If the repairs or improvements you wish to make appear to be within the scope of our program, you will be asked to obtain bids from licensed, bonded contractors if your project exceeds $2,000 in cost.
- We will mail you an application and schedule an appointment to process your application.
- When your application and the contractor’s paperwork are complete, another appointment will be scheduled for you to sign loan papers.
- The contractor will be issued a proceed order and the work will begin according to a schedule the contractor makes with you.